Friday 28 October 2011

What To Pack?



Obviously I've done this before but that was 6 years ago.. There are things I recall but I needed help putting together a list of things to pack in my hospital bag. Now that I've been given the OK on my c-section I can be more specific and pack for my recovery as opposed to a long labour. I know that I will be in hospital for a few days and potentially Lee will stay with me for at least one night so I have him to consider too. I trawled the forums and read so many checklists on so many pregnancy websites but this is my whittled down list of things I think I'll actually need.

In no particular order...

  • Mints/Gum
  • Windeez (or equivalent - trapped wind is a common complaint following a c-section)
  • Snacks
  • Support Bra
  • Breast Pads 
  • Maxi Pads
  • Tissues 
  • Toiletries & Makeup Bag (expect a whole other post designated to this)
  • Reading Material (magazines/books etc)
  • Laptop & Charger
  • Phone & Charger
  • Headphones
  • Camera, batteries and memory card
  • Change for vending machines/TV Card top ups.
  • Hair Brush/bands/clips etc
  • Dressing Gown
  • High Waisted Underwear
  • Baggy Clothes/Pyjamas
  • Warm Socks
  • Red Bull

I feel sure I'm forgetting things and of course this doesn't include what I'm taking for the baby but if you guys can think of anything else you'd suggest I take or you'd want there if you were me please leave me a comment below. I have a couple of weeks before the big day but weeks are like days now.
If you're interested in what Lee is taking for himself you can see his post here


Miss BB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...